YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hgreene1130?feature=mhum

Searchin

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finished the swim workout (wasn't that bad actually...hit all of the intervals no problem (need to shorten them)), and went for a run right afterward.

When I'm going to double like that, I should probably take some time in between. At the beginning of my run, I felt like a ton of bricks. Once I warmed up a little bit, it was fine, but then my both of my soleuses (I think that's the plural) started hurting. The trails were super muddy, and I was wearing Newtons, which I've discovered are AWFUL (terrible) in the mud. They would get covered in mud, and just hold it, doubling their weight. Not a good time. I got halfway through my run, felt awful, and decided to walk a bit, kicking myself for not wearing my VFF or Evos. After a few minutes, took the Newtons and socks off, and ran back barefoot, through the mud. SO much better. The soleus pain went away completely, and even though holding shoes in your hands isn't always great, it is sometimes preferable to holding them on your feet.

I haven't decided if I'm going to go to the gym tonight, or tomorrow morning. It makes more sense to go tomorrow, but in my last post, I said that I was going to go today.

No comments:

Post a Comment