YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hgreene1130?feature=mhum

Searchin

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weather in Madrid

So my friend Kelsey and I have this sweet thing in common...we both really like rain. I don't understand why people let it bother them to such an extent. Sure being wet and cold isn't ideal, but 90% of the time, you get a little wet and then end up dry ~20 mins later.

In Madrid's winters and summers, it's very dry, and doesn't rain or snow very frequently. There are also neither wind nor clouds. It's also a large city. As a result of all of this, I sometimes feel like I'm living in a dream, i.e. no weather, very focused on one thing at a time, with a decent lack of the real natural world. In New England, or at least in Burlington, it rains a lot, and snows a lot, and the wind in the winter sucks the heat from your body. We always get sick of this, but now that it's gone, I kind of miss it. I enjoy feeling the rain on my face, and I find myself purposely wearing less clothing in the morning, just so I can feel the cold, and be affected by something other than the things that we humans have created. In essence, I like weather. Sure, beautiful summer days and bright blue skies are nice, but rain is good. Rain is real. This past weekend, on the ocean in San Sebastian, I had an amazing time. It was drizzling from the time we stepped off the bus, until the time we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment